- 4 balanced XLR line/mic inputs and pan controls
- Switchable 48V phantom power and limiting
- Professional quality VU meters
- 2 balanced XLR outputs (line/mic switchable)
- Stereo mini-jack output for DV cameras
Having 4 balanced XLR line/mic inputs with individual level and pan controls, the FMX-42a provides switchable (per channel) 48V phantom power and limiting, professional quality VU meters for accurate level setting, master level control, 1k tone generator, 2 balanced XLR outputs (line/mic switchable), stereo mini-jack output for DV cameras, 10-pin Camera Return, mini-jack Camera Return and a headphone monitor with level control. The 10-pin camera return may also be used as a secondary stereo output, independent from the mixer's main XLR outputs, using Azden's MX-10 Cable. The FMX-42a can be powered by either 6 internal AA batteries or an optional 12V DC external supply (Locking 4-Pin Hirose connector). A ballistic nylon carrying case is included.